IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Since I post personal photographs as well as professional photographs, please be aware of the difference.  

All professional photographs will have a copyright watermark.  

Others are snapshots and just for fun :)

Sunday, August 16, 2009

THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR AWESOMENESS [Monica Brown, Pensacola Photographer]

Lately I have been taking stock of all of the blessings in my life, things I am most thankful for. Many things come to mind but the one that is most appropriate for here is my thankfulness for my mentor, MICHELLE OCAMPO. She has been such a good friend to me. I met her only briefly in Washington before we both moved. She is now in the desert in So Cal and I am about to experience Pensacola's first tropical storm of the season. We are worlds apart, yet not. I know that anytime I have a photography question (or other random question for that matter), she will be more than happy to help me out. I ADORE her artwork. It is simply inspiring. And I find myself stalking HER BLOG to see her latest work. She is such an influence [if not THE INFLUENCE] for my work. I know I can only learn and get better, and I credit her with 99% of my progress. She even helps me find other places to learn. She is simply fantastic. I wish that you all could meet her, but if not, just visit her website and blog. You'll find a piece of her there...




THANKS MICHELLE. I hope to see you again soon!

[oh, and if you didn't catch my reference to KUNG FU PANDA, you need to watch it :) good lessons to be learned]

delightfully,
Monica

3 comments:

Michelle O said...

AHHH!!! Thanks bunches Monica! You are so sweet! Be careful in that storm!! :) {{HUGS}}

Daniela said...

I LOVE her work too and I am so glad that we got to do a newborn session with her. And by the way I stalk her blog too ;) Hope you guys will be safe down there!

Mclain said...

What a sweet post Monica :) I stalk her blog too, but that's nothing new.