IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Since I post personal photographs as well as professional photographs, please be aware of the difference.  

All professional photographs will have a copyright watermark.  

Others are snapshots and just for fun :)

Monday, February 1, 2010

THE DAY IT GOT EASY(ER) [Monica Brown, Pensacola Beach Photographer]

Exhale.

Today brought me such joy. I will do my best to describe it...

The kiddos (and me) have been sick this last week. Wiping noses and breathing treatments have abound. This morning Luke woke up at 5:20 coughing so we began the routine again. Up and at'em to get Reagan to preschool. Only a few minutes late today :) Then Luke and I ran errands to get lovelies for the impending guest room :) For all of you planning to head to my house for the beach this summer, you will have a nice guest room to relax in, instead of an air mattress. My dad is already excited. We headed back to get Reagan and then straight to the beach. Oh, what a wonderful day! It was beautiful and sunny. How I love Florida. We went and played at the beach in February...and had to take our jackets off. It was so peaceful. The sound of the wind, waves crashing and my children's laughter. I stopped and soaked it all in. Inhale. Exhale. Repeat.






I. cannot.believe it. I asked her to look at me...and she did...with a smile! And a REAL one at that!

Really Mom? At the beach? Can't you JUST play????



LOVE this one. LOVE it.

Reagan is ALWAYS one step behind. Or on top. She doesn't realize how much taller she is how LONG her legs are..and all of a sudden she catches him. Wham. Down they both go. But not this time...









I can't help but fall in love with an image of BOTH of my kids. With that adoring look his eye. She is his favorite person. The winter sun, the shimmer on the water, the fish-eye distortion of the lens. This is going on the wall.


Gotta get this kid some sun glasses. He has my sensitivity to light, thus the watery eyes.



For those of you that know me well, you know I have been battling extreme fatigue. Naps have been necessary, not just nice. The last few days I have been able to not only stay awake all day, but not have my head laying on the table during dinner. A simple change in when I took my medication did it (and my kids now sleeping through the night). And the doctors had me prodded all summer trying to find something in my blood! I was too tired of to think of the easy fix myself. Geez. But all is starting to become "normal" in my life. Today was the first day I have not only had the energy to stay awake, but I got to play with my kids at the beach too.

I'll take it.

delightfully,
Monica

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute Monica. You know how to really capture the moment.

McLain said...

Beautiful pics Monica! Glad to hear that you have been feeling well!!