IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Since I post personal photographs as well as professional photographs, please be aware of the difference.  

All professional photographs will have a copyright watermark.  

Others are snapshots and just for fun :)

Thursday, May 20, 2010

FUN TIMES! [Monica Brown, Pensacola Photographer]

This week has been SO fun! My cousin, who is more like my sister, is in town with her family. Ever since we were little girls we have dreamed of our kids playing together. We always said we would live next door to each other once we got married. Ah, the dreams of an 8 year old. Maybe we'll retire next door to each other...

It is so fulfilling, yet surreal, to watch our kids play together. Seems like only yesterday we were riding our bikes, playing in the tree house that Uncle Ronnie built, and I was getting run over with the go-cart! Fun times! We spent our summers together. She lived in Georgia and me in Alabama. That 6 hour drive seemed so long. I couldn't wait to get to her house to play, and I cried the whole way home when I had to leave. I can only hope our kids have the same kind of relationship.

I had the pleasure of photographing them yesterday. Of course, my family tagged along so I got some fun shots of my kids too. These are straight out of the camera. You will hear me gush over and over about my camera, lens, and the beautiful light at Ft. Pickens. LOVE that place!

For now, here are some of the fun shots I got yesterday. I will post more family shots once I edit their session :)


I LOVE family photos rockin' the sunglasses!

Can you BELIEVE she is 5 months pregnant???? They are having another baby girl! EEEEEEEEE! I am SO excited!!!

[And what is a family photo without your niece running around in the background? That is exactly why I chose this one!]


i can't believe my kids actually cheese for the camera. what am I doing wrong??? LOL



This is my FAVE. Hugs, kisses, and togetherness.

It makes my heart swell to see our kids together.







Once Savannah had had enough of the camera I found my kids balancing on a large piece of driftwood. I love capturing kids just being. Kids. That is what they are. This time is so fleeting, and so FUN. I am trying to take mental snapshots (as well as actual snapshots) of this time as often as possible.








Oh, this may be my favorite post ever. I love my family. Wendy and [her] Jake are 2 of my favorite people on the planet. Isn't it funny that we both married Jakes? And only 5 months apart. We both have sweet little girls, and poor Luke will just have to hang with the Jakes I guess. I cannot wait to meet new baby [H] in September. She is due on her daddy's birthday. How perfect is that???? Just thinking of what they have gone through to have this precious child and grow their family makes me well up with tears.

I love you, Wendy, Jake and Savannah. And I can't wait to meet you baby [H]. I see family vacations, lots of sleepovers and plenty of family photo sessions in our futures.

Congratulations guys!


delightfully,
Monica

No comments: