IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Since I post personal photographs as well as professional photographs, please be aware of the difference.  

All professional photographs will have a copyright watermark.  

Others are snapshots and just for fun :)

Thursday, April 22, 2010

MY FAMILY AND THE FIELD [Jake & Monica Brown, Pensacola Photographers]



This session, MY session, embodies everything me.

How I live.

How I love.

How I work.

I had been trying to figure out how to have some family photos taken that would reflect who we are as a family as well as my style as a photographer. Since every photographer has their own style, the answer seemed to be [take them myself]. Easier said than done.

Then I passed this field one day. And it all clicked. I couldn't wait until the weekend to take my family out there and just photograph them [being]. The interaction between my children simply takes my breath away. God knew what he was doing when he made them and gave them to ME.








play play play. that is what we do all day.

Jake and Luke are quite the pair. Every day when Jake walks in the door, Luke goes running with arms wide open saying "da- deeeeeeee!"

ahhh. my people :)

You can't be in a field this large and not find at least one tiny lady bug.
nature lesson, kids!







my sweet boy



LOVE this image of me and the kids. LOVE it.
So glad Jake is a good photographer too.

Turns out I take my family photos with my camera set on top of our old trusty diaper bag.
so simple.
so us.



And for those of you that faithfully follow my blog [thank you!!!] you will have to humor me.
I am sending this link to my entire family so I felt I must include these again.











My very favorite of Reagan.
Oh, how she is FULL of joy :)

--------------------------------------

I know it must seem I posted every image from the session, but not hardly.

If you would like to see the session in its entirety:
ENTER SITE
click the [client] tab
enter the password: myfamily (all run together and no caps)


Enjoy!


I do not reorder the images. I leave them in the order that I took them so that you can watch the magic unfold :)

Now that I think about it, this was the perfect post for EARTH DAY :)

delightfully,
Monica

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Awww Monica!!! These made me cry!!Great Pictures!!!Love you!

Leslie said...

Monica, the first full-family picture is AMAZING! I also adore the one with the kids laying on your tummy. You have a beautiful family and quite a talent! :)

Monica Brown said...

Thanks guys for your sweet words :)

Paula Hilliard said...

How beautiful. Makes me miss y'all so much! Reagan's hair and little sweet shoulders are precious and they remind me so much of our Ava. An amazing family for an amazing woman!