IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Since I post personal photographs as well as professional photographs, please be aware of the difference.  

All professional photographs will have a copyright watermark.  

Others are snapshots and just for fun :)

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

TRYING TO FIND THE WORDS [Monica Brown, Pensacola Family Photographer]

I had the pleasure of photographing my friends, the Groves, yesterday afternoon. And I have to say a big THANK YOU to Jenn and her family for many reasons.

THANK YOU for being such a great neighbor and friend. I have loved living near you. Passing by your house on walks. Luke yelling and pointing toward your house when I drive out of the neighborhood. Reagan stating, "there's Grayson's house!" as soon as we round the corner. Knowing that Grayson does the same when you pass our house :) I don't know how I am going to explain to her that you don't live there anymore next month...

THANK YOU for being inspiring. For helping me have crafty things around my house, monogrammed nonetheless.

THANK YOU for always being so cheerful. Willing to lend an ear or a funny story - whichever the situation requires.

and THANK YOU for helping me build my business. For being my best form of advertisement and telling everyone you know about me!





If only the sign had a G....





[Mamas and Daddys with kids melt me.]

Jenn - I tried to take a photo of G kissing you, but he insisted on looking like he was roaring at you. Seems fitting, really.

Wonder what he is thinking.
And look everyone. Our beaches are CLEAN. That is seaweed on the sand. Normal for this time of year.



I did get just a [feet] shot, but I really love this one where Leni is looking up at everyone.

Okay everyone! Cast your vote!
Which image do you like better?
The bright one with everyone's face clearly visible
or
The darker, more moody one. Almost silhouette. Yummy backlighting and long shadows
I can't decide.

The bug. So sweet for daddy to shadow her from the hot sun.


And mom brought props. I don't know if I will ever have a better client!

oh, I love you sunspots.



This is totally my fave of Jamie and the kids!


Peek-a-Boo Bug!
Her giggle was so sweet!!!


G, just hanging out.
A car was coming so we stepped back. He leaned on the truck, and I snapped.
So laid back.


This is what I like to think they are thinking:
Jamie: We have some cute kids, Jenn.
Jenn: I know!


And THANK YOU for spending a bit of your anniversary with me!
Happy 8 years guys.
You have a beautiful family.
Nice work!

I hope this is not the last photos I will ever take of the Groves family.
Safe travels guys.
I hope to visit you in Va Beach!

**********

[Get 25 comments and earn a free 5x7 print!]



delightfully,
Monica









6 comments:

The Henrys said...

Awww - miss you guys! Awesome photos as always, Monica!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful!!!

Em-Lee said...

Stunning. Both the photography and the subjects! Monica, sorry you're losing them...but we're happily gaining them!

tabitha said...

Great pics! Maybe the darker pic. I can't decide either. Both look great.

Amy said...

These pictures are great!! Monica, you should follow them to VA! ;0)

jenn g said...

i have a feeling i am going to have a really hard time narrowing down my images! :o)